Wednesday, May 16, 2007

2 posts in one day...Worth it though.

I watched the movie "An Inconvenient Truth" this afternoon, and thought it warranted a mention, and i couldn't be bothered editing my last post so just made a new one (which is easier to do of course).

I found it particularly relevent/good for a number of reasons...

-I took an Earth and Ocean Science subject at UBC last sememster and we covered alot of the material, the same graphs, same facts, same trends etc that he talks about, so i've seen it all from a scientific standpoint. He talks about 'the scientists' alot, so i've been 'the scientist'. It's pretty interesting stuff.

-It's a good movie, very biased toward America, but considering that Australia is the only other country apart from the US to not have ratified the Kyoto agreement, very applicable to us too. Not to mention that the issue is a global issue and therefore pertinent to everyone and every country.

-I also found it relevant because for the last year while I have been here in Canada, everyone at home has been keeping me updated with the water situation in Australia. It was just announced that last year to date was the driest year on record, and on top of that water supplies are at insanely critical levels ie 11%. Surely we are beginning to see the effects of our CO2 emissions.

If you haven't seen it - Watch It.

No comments: